What is this?
This is a blog about music, guitar, metal, production, etc.
When I’m making music, I often find myself running little “tests” and “experiments”–A/B comparisons, demos of gear, or scrutinizing some element of a signal chain. I like to show the result via short videos, but there’s usually a lot more to unpack than just the final result. Here, I go into more of those details, like:
- my thoughts and expectations going into the experiment,
- what I was right about–and what challenged my expectations,
- anything else I learned along the way–tips, tricks, something I noticed that I haven’t before,
- other pictures/analysis/etc (e.g. EQ curves) that tell a bigger story, and
- links to DIs, presets, or anything else “behind the scenes” that might be interesting.